Effective as of November 16, 2019.
This Privacy Statement applies to the following processing activities:
- Visiting our offices;
- Receiving communications from us, including emails or text;
- Registering for our events; Participating in community discussion boards and/or groups
This website as well as other proprietary software websites are administered by Felicia's Promise, Inc.. Our websites may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties. The information practices of such other services are governed by the third-party privacy statements, which we encourage you to review to better understand those third parties’ privacy practices.
The primary purpose of Felicia’s Promise is to be a resource for the general public. We want you to feel secure when visiting our site or using our different digital platforms and we are committed to maintaining your privacy.
The following provides an overview of how we protect your privacy during your visit.
How is Information Collected:
Information on our site is gathered in two ways: (1) indirectly (for example, through our site's technology); and (2) directly (for example, when you provide information on various pages of www.feliciaspromise.org).
We may also collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to third parties from whom we have purchased Personal Data, and combine this information with Personal Data provided by you. In particular, we collect Personal Data from the following sources:
- Business contact information, country of origin, including mailing address, job title, email address, phone number, ‘intent data’ which is web user behavior data, IP addresses, social handles, LinkedIn URL and custom profiles from third party data providers for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling;
- Felicia’s Promise and its current and future websites use third-party platforms such as GitHub to manage code check-ins and pull requests. If you participate in an open source or community development project, we may associate your code repository username with your community account so we could inform you of program changes that are important to your participation or additional security requirements.
The Personal Data that we collect directly from you may include the following:
- if you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, request customer support, use our "Contact Us" or similar features, register to use our websites, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content, we generally require you to provide us with your contact information, such as your name, job title, company name, country of origin, address, phone number, or email address;
- if you makes purchases via our websites or register for an event, we may also require you to provide us with financial information and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, or bank account information;
- if you attend an event, we may, upon your consent, scan your attendee badge which will provide us with your name, title and company name, address, country, phone number and email address;
- if you register for an online community that we host, we may ask you to provide a username, photo and/or biographical information, such as your occupation, social media profiles, company name, and areas of expertise;
- if you use and interact with our websites, we automatically collect log files and other information about your device and your usage of our websites through cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, such as IP-addresses or other identifiers, which may qualify as Personal Data (view the "What device and usage data we process" section below);
- if you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival.